Saturday, August 14, 2010

Holiday Mini Sneak Peak

IMG_2310

This is my first attempt with Stampin’ Up’s! New Designer Fabric (Deck the Halls  #121716  $9.95 for an extra wide fat quarter set of 3), and the New Sizzix Die, Tasteful Trim (#120893  $42.95).

I also used our product called Big Shot Fabric Adhesive (122194)  $14.95  which is the best fabric adhesive (iron-on) that I’ve ever used!  I ironed a small strip onto the edge of the green material, then ran that strip through the big shot with the Trim Die.  To get a longer piece, I folded the material when I got to the end—before the material crossed the die’s cutting end.  This created a longer piece of rick rack.  Next I  removed  the white paper backing and ironed to my canvas bag.

The flower was done with the scallop circle die #2  $19.95.  I think I cut about 10 scallops out then sewed the bottoms up so that the each one was scrunched into a cone shape, sewing each one to the next of the other, then I sewed all of them to the bottom scallop and one to the top with one of our new Big Designer Buttons  #120805   $8.95

You can order any of these items on September 1st.

No comments: