I’m not sure where the original idea for this came from but it’s become quite popular. We are doing this card at my classes this month and I thought I’d get it on here so that you can try it at home.
This card fits in a regular size envelope!
It has a unique appeal, not just your ordinary card and yet it’s very quick and easy to do.
Here are some step by step instructions to help you complete:
1. Cut your vanilla cardstock 4 X11 inches.
2. Score at 5 1/2 inches (center fold)
4. Fold on both score lines, then open and fold diagonally til folds naturally want to fold like this:
At this point you will want to make sure you stamp on it prior to embossing
6. Using the stripes embossing folder, emboss the front of the card, it will go on like this:
1. Cut a square of cherry cobbler cardstock at OOOPs, it’s 3 1/8” , then cut it in half diagonally. This will make one piece for the front of the roof and one for the back.
2. Emboss each one in the square lattice embossing folder.
3. Glue one to the triangle at the top on the front and one on the back.
See wasn’t that easy? Now it’s your turn to share! Please send me pictures of your birdhouse creations so that I can post them on here!
I used the Upsy Daisy set #111710 that is on the retiring list! It’s always been a favorite. Love those silhouette stamps! I also used the Scallop oval and regular oval punches for the saying (#119856 and #119855). Oh, don’t forget the bird builder punch (#117191)!
Striped embossing folder(#123128)
Square lattice embossing folder (#119976)
Simply Scored tool (#122334)
Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (#125586)
Click here to order your supplies now before they are gone!