Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Count Down Day 4--Window Box Card

I'm sorry, I forgot that I had company coming for picnic yesterday so I didn't have time to post. So, I'll try to get 2 days worth in today!
I wanted to show you a cute project I've been working on from this new catalog.
 I found this idea on a demonstrators site and it was not English, so I used her great pictures to figure this out.  It's a window box card
 

 So, my measurements were 5 1/2" X 7 " for the Flirty Flamingo piece.  Then you score each side at 1/4" 4 times (so 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 inch on each side)
 then on the short ends, you add 2 extra 1/4 inch scores, just to the 2nd line
Cut out the grey area as shown below
 Fold on all score lines and glue down the long sides first.  I used green glue (tombow)
Be sure to hold down long enough so that it glues fast.

 i was not able to fit a pencil in mine so i found something that was thin enough to slide in and provide pressure.
 After both sides are secure, apply glue to the ends (be sure to add that little dot in the corner...not a mistake :) )
 isn't this awesome?
Now, to complete your card;  your box should end up being 3.5 X 5 inches
So, i cut my whisper white card at 7 3/8 X 5
Scored it at 3.5 and then 3 7/8.  
Cut the large oval out of the front,
Then glue the window box into your card on back and left side.

 You will need to cut a piece of whisper white to fit inside the box...just measure and cut...depends on how you've glued.

The stamping and die cuts are from our new Colorful Seasons Bundle from our Color Theory suite on page 147 of the new catalog.  I am in Love with this set.
#145348  $54 for both

I hope you are as excited as I am about these new products!    You can get your own on June 1st!

No comments: