Monday, July 17, 2017

Daisy Tips

I have not had any trouble with my Daisy punch but in case you have trouble getting it stuck, I found this helpful information from another demo, Stephanie Flath plus a few that I've added.
DAISY PUNCH TIPS!!
1.) If you plan to STAMP the daisy and then punch, mount your stamp on the block so there are 2 petals aiming straight up and down and stamp it in that position. (No troubles later cuz that’s the way the punch is positioned.)
2.) Do not punch really close to the edge as the edge will bend into the punch and could cause 'stickage'
3.) A 5 ½” x 2 ¾” pc of cs is the perfect size to fit/punch out 2 daisies. You can get 6 from an 8 ½” x 11” pc of cs. Plus starting with a larger pc helps punch more easily.
4.) I always use my punches upside down so I can see what/where I’m punching.
5.) When you punch the daisy, PULL YOUR PUNCH AWAY FROM THE SIDE—rather than from the bottom. I don’t know why, but it doesn’t seem to catch as easily that way!
6.) If you forget step 5 or it still gets stuck, “continue to punch your way out.” 

Happy Daisy Punching!!!

As many of you know, I'm having a Daisy class this Saturday, July 22nd from 1-3 PM in my stamp room (730 Sells Station Rd. Littlestown, PA 17340)
If you missed the pre-registration, you can still join the class or I will send you the card pieces and you can make on your own..I will send you pictures of the completed cards!  You do need to let me know by 7/20

How: Pre-order the stamp set Daisy Delight stamp set (you will have to order the punch later as it's on backorder, Again! Also, the Daisy Designer Series Paper, the Faceted Gems (gold), and a ½ roll of ribbon.  You can, of course, add anything else that you may need.
Your Kit: Will include supplies to make 5 projects using all your new supplies.  If you need me to send your supplies, I will punch all your daisies for you since you won't be able to get the punch for a little bit.

Cost: Class is free…just pre-purchase the bundle above by 7/20 and I will help you get started with ideas.

No comments: