Tuesday, December 4, 2018

2nd Day of Christmas--Ferrero Rocher Box 2 Thirds

I found this box, designed by Candy Ford....its so regal and beautiful. I think you'll agree.  It was very easy to make following her directions. Her measurements are Spot On!  After I made my first one...the one you see pictured here:

....I thought, I wonder if I could make a smaller one...needed something smaller to fit in a smaller package!  I made one and gave it away.  as soon as I make a second and tweek the sizes, I will post that here.  But for now, enjoy Candy's large and beautiful one.  You can see I used a different saying on the front because I didn't have the same as her's.  Easy enough!

Here are her instructions for this large one...or click on the link above:

Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer: (I personally love

to score with Simply Scored...my scores are much more precise)
  • Real Red card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and scored 1-1/2″ from each of the four sides, for the box
  • Real Red CS cut to 4-1/16″ x 10-1/16″ and scored 3/4″ from each of the four sides, for the lid
  • Chocolate Chip CS cut to 2-1/4″ x 8-1/4″ for a layer on the lid
  • Real Red CS cut to 2″ x 8″ for a layer on the lid
  • Real Red CS cut to 3-7/16″ x 9-7/16″ and scored 1/2″ from each of the four sides, for the insert
  • Stamp the image on the 2 X 8 piece

Die cut using the Large Letters Framelits:

  • three Hs from a Gold Foil Sheet
Cut using the 1-3/8″” Circle Punch: (I used the 1 3/8" scallop punch since we don't carry the circle one any more.)
  • 3 circles from a contrasting scrap of paper
  • laid the die cut Hs and the punched circles on the insert to determine where they should go
  • glued the Hs in place
  • punched the 3 circles from the insert – fold under the 1/2″ side to get the CS all the way into the punch
  • 3 circles from a scrap of a Gold Foil Sheet, leaving enough room to stamp around the holes with the larger punch*

Cut with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch:

  • the 3 gold foil circles, to make rings*

Assembled the box:

  • The box, lid, and insert are all put together the same way:
  • a) burnished all score lines with a bone folder for nice crisp corners
  • b) glued the tabs to the inside of the adjacent side
  • set insert into the box (no adhesive required)
  • glued gold rings around each hole
  • added candies to the holes – I put one Mini Glue Dot under each so they would stick to the bottom of the box and not move around in case the box was jostled.
So here is my Two-third size! It's just a HoHo
I think I've perfected the measurements:
  • Real Red card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-7/8″ and scored 1-1/2″ from each of the four sides, for the box
  • Real Red CS cut to 4-1/16″ x 7-7/16″ and scored 3/4″ from each of the four sides, for the lid
  • Chocolate Chip CS cut to 2-1/4″ x 5-5/8″ for a layer on the lid
  • Real Red CS cut to 2″ x 5-3/8″ for a layer on the lid
  • Real Red CS cut to 3-7/16″ x 6-3/4″ and scored 1/2″ from each of the four sides, for the insert
  • Stamp the image on the 2 X 8 piece

Here are the supplies you need...or get creative and use what you have!  You can order any of these items from here at my online store 24/7

No comments: