Can't you see these on your tree?? You could have a night with your (older?) kids making these. Or just do the smaller flakes, and use them as package tie-ons! Slip one into a clear envelope, and it's a perfect add-in for a card! Make a line on different length hangers to put over a window, or across your mantel on your fireplace! The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Wish List/Supply List:
- Snowflake #2 die
- Snowflake #2 Set
- Big Shot
- Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive
- Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter
- Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads
- Sponge Daubers
- Whisper White card stock
- Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
- Silver elastic cord
- Stampin' Dimensionals
NOTE: When I do these again, I will use either TWO layers of Whisper White for the larger snowflake, OR the white chipboard that comes in the backing of packages (like the Designer Series Paper). While this is beautiful, it's a little flimsy -especially while the glue is drying. The good news is that it's EXTREMELY lightweight; to store between Christmases, place between wax or parchment paper, and store flat!
1. With the Big Shot, cut ONE large snowflake and two identical small snowflakes - use the small ones that you like!
2. Using the Tombow Multi, place lines of glue where you'd like there to be glitter. I pretty much tried to stick to the center of each spoke and lined all the cut pieces. I LOVE this glue, but it's REALLY sticky. Do your BEST to only get it where you want, and NOT on your fingertips! (Voice of experience.) Don't glitter the center of the snowflake - you'll need it clean to adhere the smaller ones to!
3. Using the Dazzling Diamonds, put glitter all over glue. Set aside to dry.
4. Using a sponge dauber and the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, paint the front of both smaller snowflakes. Set aside to dry.
5. While the first side of the pieces are drying, take two of the same color Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads and, on each one, spread the prongs as far as you can away from the center. If you need to, use something to pry up one of the smaller prongs holding the rhinestone in place away. You JUST want the gem - throw away the settings when you get them free!
6. When the first sides are dry, repeat steps 2 - 4.
7. Using 1/2 of a dimensional, center and adhere a smaller snowflake to the center of each side of the large snowflake.
8. Using ONE tiny spot of the Tombow Multi or Crystal Effects, adhere the rhinestones in place - one on each center of the small snowflakes.
9. Allow to dry. Cut 5-6" piece of elastic cord; tie through one hole in the large snowflake as a hanger.