We made this card at Sherrie Robinson's shoebox swap. The project was designed by Linda Warren. It was one of those cards that I said, "I have to do this for class, they will love it". And sure enough, everyone loves it.
Swallowtail stamp#129216 $13.95
Oval Framelits #129381 $26.95
Pistachio Pudding and White Cardstock, plus Silver Glimmer Paper
1. Stamp the Swallowtail design with Staz On on white cardstock, then place #4 (from the smallest) of our new Oval Framelits dies, over the butterfly as shown in the picture below.
2. Position the top cutting plate only to the wings of the butterfly as shown. It will only cut when both plates are above and below the cutting surface so anything outside the top cutting plate is 'safe'.
3. Once you'd cut the oval shape, you'll continue to cut the remainder of the butterfly with scissors as shown in the example above.
4. Then you can color in the butterfly with markers or sponge daubers.
5. The remainder of the card is cut with the next 2 sizes of ovals.
What do you think? I'd love to hear your comments. Let me know what color combinations you do this in.
If you need supplies, you know where to find them!