Top Note Christmas Box
This cute little box can be used to hold candy, jewelry and other small gifts.
Wish list/Supply List:
Directions to create box:
- Cut Textured CS to 7 ½ X 6 ½ inches
- On the 7 ½ inch side, score at 2” and 5 ½”
- On the 6 ½ inch side, score at 2” and 4 ½”
- Cut into scored line, on score line in all 4 corners
- Adhere the 4 pieces of designer series paper on all 4 sides of box
- Place sticky strip on all 4 flaps of box. Fold in flaps and fold up sides of box to create bottom of box.
Directions for lid:
- Run Cardstock through Big Shot using the Top Note Die
- Score all sides ½” in from tips to create perpendicular lines
- Cut all 4 corners in to score line like you did for the box bottom—gently fold on scored lines
- Place the top note in Petals A Plenty embossing folder and run through big shot.
- Using the width of the ribbon as a guide, cut a slit with craft blade at each end of box top (on fold). Fold in all corners and secure with sticky strip.
- Thread a generous length of ribbon through slits leaving loop at bottom for under box but don’t tie yet.
- Get ready for this great technique. Take your empty spray bottle (stampin’ mist size) and fill ½ full with rubbing alchohol. Add ¾ tsp. of shimmer paint. I used frost Whtie but Champagne Mist gives a marvelous glitzy look too! Shake well and spritz on lid of box. Set aside to dry before tying the ribbon. Tip: If you use 99% alcohol, it won’t last for an extended period of time.
- Stamp scalloped image in Real Red and old olive ink on whisper white cardstock.
- Punch stamped images with circle and scallop punch and layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere button and attach library clip.
- After lid has dried tie ribbon into a bow and clip embellishments to the ribbon.