Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Stamp kits in the mail

In case you’ve never joined my Stamps in the Mail club, here is what you missed this month.  This month’s stamp set was Hearts A Flutter.  Club members were given the option of upping’ their subscription to a bundle of products that included a FREE SAB item.  Those that did that got their name in a drawing for a 1/2 price item and they got an extra card in their pack---this card.  I found this idea designed by Monika Davis.  I just had to case it!  The colors are Crumb Cake and Basic Grey, reminds me of some ornaments I painted years ago to look antique, I painted hearts on them too.

Country Antique Look…..

IMG_1200 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Blowing Wishes Your Way…..

IMG_1179

I used the dies to create this look (the arrow was just what was cut out of the card front).  The rest of these cards use the designer paper, More Amore.  Inspired by a card by Penny Smiley.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Build a Heart

IMG_1186

I don’t remember where I got the inspiration for this card but I used the heart cut-outs from the More Amore DSP and some of the paper for the inside heart as well as the tiny circle on the Build a Brad.  Also, notice the lace tape used over the heart.   TIP: I love how our seam binding scrunches.  I just spritzed with water and then crumpled it…just leave it like that til it’s dry.

 

 

 

Chalk Board Look….

IMG_1182

Have you been taken by the chalk board look but have no idea how to do it?   So was I so I started playing. 

 

IMG_1189

TIP of the Day:

1. Start with our white craft ink pad and our Basic Black Cardstock.

2. You’ll also need a sponge or you can use your finger.  Stamp your design and while it’s still wet, take a dry sponge over it lightly and just keep dabbing.  You’ll find that this softens to the look of the stamping so that it appears as though you wrote it in chalk on a real black board. 

3. Then dab the sponge into the white ink pad but before you sponge on your chalk board, be sure to dab some off on your scrap paper so that you don’t have real bright smudges.   Continue to do this until you have as much smudging as you like.

Here is the Bundle of products that I used to create these cards:

Hearts a Flutter Bundle  #131097  $36.95

More Amore DSP #129309  $12.95

Dazzling Details glitter #124117 $2.50

Total $52.40

FREE: Pretty Petites SAB #129642

In addition, I used: pool party seam binding, petite curly label punch, sycamore street button/ribbon, Primrose petals ribbon, lace ribbon tape, trinkets, designer build a brads.

Get your supplies here!

No comments: