Saturday, October 20, 2012

October Inspiration

I apologize for not posting anything in awhile…doesn’t mean I haven’t been creating…have lots of things to share.  If you’ve never blogged you might not understand but just to be transparent, it’s hard to know what to say when you’re emotionally taxed.  The Lord has been revealing some things to me through some friends from church and they are hard things, things that cause you to have to dig deeper and allow the Holy Spirit to help, things you have to be humbled to accept (if you are me, that is)!  God is still working on me, guess that’s all I can say for now. 

On to the fun stuff…here’s the page we did this month in Scrap Class!  I think it turned out very cute—used the layout on the left page that my SIL, Shendelle did in class..looked so much better than my original.  I got the little scare crow idea from Rae Harper, here.  Love it!

IMG_0547

Here’s a close-up of the little guy!  His face and his hat are done with the top note die. 

IMG_0554

The designer paper is from the Orchard Harvest DSP #126895

Love it! 

I did add the leaf arrangement under the scare crow after the class….just thought he’d look cute with that as his bowtie.

Lots of Big Shot Products here:

The Tasteful Trim Die that I use all the time for scrapbooking,

The new Alphabet Die, that I got for 1/2 price by hosting a party,

The Autumn Accents (leaf) die from the Holiday Catalog  #127812

I also used the Bird Builder Punch, the Small oval punch and the 1/2” circle punch

Sponge, sponge daubers, Scalloped Tulle Ribbon-Crumb Cake and a one leaf cut out of the Champagne Glimmer Paper #127885, from the Holiday catalog.

My basic colors are: Cajun Craze and Island Indigo

I will definitely have some ‘grandson in the leaves’ pictures for this layout.

If you’d like to recreate this page, you can order your supplies here 24/7: www.stampincindy.stampinup.net

No comments: