Monday, January 6, 2020

My Meadow, Scenic Stamping

Scenic stamping has exploded at Stampin' Up! since the addition of the set, Waterfront, a set by million dollar achiever, Connie Heisey a few years ago. This set is no exception with it's scores of potential layouts.  Here are a few I came up with and many items are inspired by other creators with my added taste. Hope you enjoy.
For the orange ribbon, I created it using the new Whisper white 1/4" seam binding and the light Pumpkin Pie Blends marker.  It dries fast, creates instant color with so little work...and it's not gonna make my card messy like coloring with an ink pad or regular marker could.  Balmy Blue and Pumpkin Pie with a touch of Old Olive
 On the above card, I used our braided linen trim #147808 for the bow.  After tying, I stretched the fibers to create this look.  You can see on the spool what it looks like before it's stretched. Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Balmy Blue, along with Early Espresso and Mossy Meadow for darkest colors
 This daffodil ribbon was created similar to the orange one above and colored yellow using the Daffodil Dark Blends.  I tied the bow on my hand-dandy bow maker.
 For this bow, I used the same technique as above, used my bow maker but this time wrapped the ribbon around the dowels twice, before tying!  Hence, double bow!  I stamped the scence, then cut out the center of the design with our Layering Ovals, decided I wanted the remainder of the scene so I layered it back on the original!  It's strange how things come together!
I think this set is just pure fun and creativity waiting to be discovered. 
#151650

No comments: