Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Painted Poppies and Stampin' Blends

Painted poppies is today's new stamp set. It's actually available as a bundle and such a pretty one! 
There are a variety of images and types almost like a 2-step. 

  I used the masking technique to make this card!

Tip: I stamped the flower on a post it note then cut it out very close...almost cutting off the edge.  After stamping my Full flower, I put the post it over it, lining up the petals.  Then I stamped the other 2 images overlapping the stamp onto the post it note just a bit.  When you pull off the post it note, you feel like you've really accomplished something. The coloring was done with Stampin' Blends.  I didn't something different.  In painting, if you want a true red, you actually put a layer of yellow down first.  I thought I'd try that here.  I then added some Pumpkin Pie and finally Cherry Cobbler.  I did use the Lifter to lighten some areas then. I used the lt. Smoky Slate to go around the edges of the flowers and leaves to give the idea of depth...I did take the lifter to that so it's now very faint.  You can see the shadow in person much better.


This card was quick and easy and I just love the colors: Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie


I saw a card like this done by one of our German demonstrators and I thought it was very cute...I love the mauve (rococco rose stamped off) and gray tones with a touch of Blackberry Bliss.

I used a Waterercolor Wash Technique for this card: Be sure Aquapainter has plenty of water and the tip is very wet.  Squeeze the back of your ink pad to place ink on the inside of the lid, work the bristles of the brush into the color creating a puddle, then go to your paper and do a quick and light brushing, moving down the paper as you go.  You may have to repeat several times for each color til you get the look you want.  Please note…it will look different every time!  It’s watercolor

Also, the layered stamping technique: I cut the white center to 3"X4" and laid it onto my folded white card.  I stamped all the images, then after coloring, added a layer of basic black 31/4" X 4 1/4". The ink colors I washed on with the Aquapainter are: Old Olive, Flirty Flamingo and Mango Melody

   
 If you love this set as much as I do, you'll want to add it to your wish list!  

Click Hereto view and download a printable and to get a list of the items I used on 2 of the cards to add to your cart if you like.


1 comment:

Ann said...

Hi Cindy - I've just been enjoying your joyful cards as I came across your blog on Pinterest. I especially love the poppies - you have showcased so many lovely designs for using them! I live in Australia, but love the universal appeal of this craft and those who enjoy sharing it! Blessings to you!