Saturday, January 4, 2020

Sale-a-Bration 2020 Happy Birthday To You Stamp Set

First set Id like to celebrate is this gorgeous cake with different greetings, Happy Birthday To You. 
You can get it Free with any $50 purchase. 
Our Mini catalog went live yesterday along with Sale a Bration 
Great time to build your supplies with great free stuff!
It was very difficult to get good color on this card.  The base is Petal Pink and the cake is colored with petal pink and the flowers are stamped in Rococco Rose and the center of the flowers is some soft fuzz created by 'grating' the Rococco Rose cardstock.  Hope you can see on the zoomed in pic below.
I also added Wink of stella to the cake after coloring.  I think you can see the shimmer in the zoom as well.
Other elements: I used the embossing paste and masks to create the brick look on the background.  I did it on a piece of designer paper with silver print (not the most effective choice) then I sponged some crumb cake onto the bricks after they were dry.
Also, the cake and flowers were stamped onto Watercolor Paper and I love the fluidity of color on the cake!
 With this card I used Rich Razzleberry and BlackBerry Bliss with a touch of Copper foil. 
Hint: to save on my foil, I actually cut out the inside to save for another project since only a 'frame' will be seen!

I embossed the design in copper, then put some bleach on a piece of felt and colored with bleach using an old blender pen that's been retired because it had dried out. Once I removed the color with bleach, I could recolor as needed but chose to just leave it as it turned out.
 I loved the elegance of the card so I didn't want to add a tag for sentiment so I used a border stamp from another set to emboss an edge which I could then 'bleach'. 
Just a note, you cannot reapply ink to any area til bleach is completely dry or it will just bleach it out.
#152308  Only for FREE with a $50 purchase

No comments: